6at4 Business Report: Occupy movement, Black Friday
November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Occupy protesters ponder their next move.
As reported by the Associated Press, protestors are celebrating at Zuccotti Park where all the action's been centered. A spokeswoman says they're celebrating with music performances and meals for 5,000 people, donated by restaurants and individual supporters. As for what they're going to do after the turkey, it'll be interesting. Protestors have been banned from lying down in the park, meaning there will be no turkey day naps.
Black Friday shopping
Black Friday shoppers better start thinking about winding down for the night. Retailers are opening even earlier this year as they try to snag economically-anxious customers. Some think these tactics may actually result in higher sales. But it could also mean lower profits for retailers over the holiday season.
6at4, stock market, economy, black friday, occupy movement, business/finance
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 58 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 16 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer