6at4 Business Report: Occupy movement, Black Friday
November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Occupy protesters ponder their next move.
As reported by the Associated Press, protestors are celebrating at Zuccotti Park where all the action's been centered. A spokeswoman says they're celebrating with music performances and meals for 5,000 people, donated by restaurants and individual supporters. As for what they're going to do after the turkey, it'll be interesting. Protestors have been banned from lying down in the park, meaning there will be no turkey day naps.
Black Friday shopping
Black Friday shoppers better start thinking about winding down for the night. Retailers are opening even earlier this year as they try to snag economically-anxious customers. Some think these tactics may actually result in higher sales. But it could also mean lower profits for retailers over the holiday season.
6at4, stock market, economy, black friday, occupy movement, business/finance
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 5 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 47 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act