6at4 Business Report: Verizon vs. Netflix
December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Netflix is about to get some competition from Verizon, and Americans think their economic outlook is brightening.
Verizon planning streaming service
Netflix has sure had its share of troubles this year and next year not looking any better, Verizon is planning a new video streaming service to rival Netflix and cable TV, according to Reuters. The service will start in 2012 and will be offered outside of the FiOS TV markets.
Americans' economic outlook improving?
Surprisingly, more Americans are confident about their futures. A new survey by Lincoln Financial Group shows 66% of Americans say their lives are headed in the right direction and they feel more in control. But more Americans say they feel in greater control of their health than their financial future.
More company holiday parties
More employers ready to have a good time as the year comes to a close. Careerbuilder.com says 58% percent of employers are planning to throw a holiday party for their workers this year; That's up from 52% last year. Workers are feeling the holiday spirit too. The survey found 22% of workers plan to buy gifts for co-workers this year.
6at4, stock market, economy, verizon, netflix, business/finance
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 33 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 7 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
33 min ago