6at4 Business Report: Verizon vs. Netflix
December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Netflix is about to get some competition from Verizon, and Americans think their economic outlook is brightening.
Verizon planning streaming service
Netflix has sure had its share of troubles this year and next year not looking any better, Verizon is planning a new video streaming service to rival Netflix and cable TV, according to Reuters. The service will start in 2012 and will be offered outside of the FiOS TV markets.
Americans' economic outlook improving?
Surprisingly, more Americans are confident about their futures. A new survey by Lincoln Financial Group shows 66% of Americans say their lives are headed in the right direction and they feel more in control. But more Americans say they feel in greater control of their health than their financial future.
More company holiday parties
More employers ready to have a good time as the year comes to a close. Careerbuilder.com says 58% percent of employers are planning to throw a holiday party for their workers this year; That's up from 52% last year. Workers are feeling the holiday spirit too. The survey found 22% of workers plan to buy gifts for co-workers this year.
6at4, stock market, economy, verizon, netflix, business/finance
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos