Citigroup to cut 4,500 jobs over next few quarters
NEW YORK (AP) - Decelber 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Citigroup says it is cutting 4,500 jobs over the next few quarters.
CEO Vikram Pandit said the job cuts are part of the New York bank's efforts to reduce costs. Pandit made the remarks Tuesday at a financial services conference hosted by Goldman Sachs & Co.
Citigroup Inc.'s fourth-quarter results will include $400 million in expenses related to severance. Pandit also warned that the bank will take another $500 million hit to revenue from an accounting loss the bank will have to take for the higher cost of its debt.
citigroup, employment, unemployment, business/finance
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 6 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 44 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 23 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
44 min ago