Citigroup to cut 4,500 jobs over next few quarters
NEW YORK (AP) - Decelber 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Citigroup says it is cutting 4,500 jobs over the next few quarters.
CEO Vikram Pandit said the job cuts are part of the New York bank's efforts to reduce costs. Pandit made the remarks Tuesday at a financial services conference hosted by Goldman Sachs & Co.
Citigroup Inc.'s fourth-quarter results will include $400 million in expenses related to severance. Pandit also warned that the bank will take another $500 million hit to revenue from an accounting loss the bank will have to take for the higher cost of its debt.
citigroup, employment, unemployment, business/finance
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
58 min ago