Citigroup to cut 4,500 jobs over next few quarters
NEW YORK (AP) - Decelber 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Citigroup says it is cutting 4,500 jobs over the next few quarters.
CEO Vikram Pandit said the job cuts are part of the New York bank's efforts to reduce costs. Pandit made the remarks Tuesday at a financial services conference hosted by Goldman Sachs & Co.
Citigroup Inc.'s fourth-quarter results will include $400 million in expenses related to severance. Pandit also warned that the bank will take another $500 million hit to revenue from an accounting loss the bank will have to take for the higher cost of its debt.
citigroup, employment, unemployment, business/finance
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 30 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 37 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 48 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
30 min ago