6at4 Business Report: $165,00 Apartment, Black Friday 2, Home Sales
A new apartment is looking for its first tenant, and Black Friday pricing may be making a comeback!
So, how's your Christmas shopping going? More than half you have finished all of your gift shopping. But for those that haven't I have some good news: retailers are still dealing out the bargains. Target's hosting a Black Friday-like sale this Friday and Saturday in store and online. It's offering saving of up to 40% on electronics, toys, and apparel. If you shop after 5pm Friday to noon Saturday, you get a $10 gift card if you spend $75. Not to be outdone, Walmart is holding a big Christmas event this Saturday and will offer the lowest prices of the season.
Spring - time to buy a home
If you're thinking of buying a new home, JP Morgan says the spring of 2012 may be a good time because of the affordable prices, low mortgage rates and rising rents. But, the firm says, one of the most difficult parts of buying a new home will still be actually be qualifying for a mortgage.
Cameras studying customers
You know all those security cameras retailers use? Well, they are not just there to catch shoplifters! Businesses are spying now! Sources tell Bloomberg that some stores, like T-Mobile, are also studying movements like how long you look at displays, which phones you pick up and how long you hold them. But don't worry, even online merchants track what you look at and buy.
$165,000/month apartment rent
You will not find this apartment listing on the long list of evidence that our economy is struggling. There is the so-called Astor Suite at the Plaza Hotel in New York. It's been refurbished into a luxury apartment that you can rent for the mere price of $165,000 a month. The apartment was the Presidential Suite at the famous hotel, and has been occupied by numerous presidents and celebrities. For that reason, the realtor says the price isn't that bad when you think about it. Still, it's not yet been rented.
6at4, stock market, economy, home sales, black friday, walmart, target, business/finance
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 16 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 15 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar