6at4 Business Report: $165,00 Apartment, Black Friday 2, Home Sales
A new apartment is looking for its first tenant, and Black Friday pricing may be making a comeback!
So, how's your Christmas shopping going? More than half you have finished all of your gift shopping. But for those that haven't I have some good news: retailers are still dealing out the bargains. Target's hosting a Black Friday-like sale this Friday and Saturday in store and online. It's offering saving of up to 40% on electronics, toys, and apparel. If you shop after 5pm Friday to noon Saturday, you get a $10 gift card if you spend $75. Not to be outdone, Walmart is holding a big Christmas event this Saturday and will offer the lowest prices of the season.
Spring - time to buy a home
If you're thinking of buying a new home, JP Morgan says the spring of 2012 may be a good time because of the affordable prices, low mortgage rates and rising rents. But, the firm says, one of the most difficult parts of buying a new home will still be actually be qualifying for a mortgage.
Cameras studying customers
You know all those security cameras retailers use? Well, they are not just there to catch shoplifters! Businesses are spying now! Sources tell Bloomberg that some stores, like T-Mobile, are also studying movements like how long you look at displays, which phones you pick up and how long you hold them. But don't worry, even online merchants track what you look at and buy.
$165,000/month apartment rent
You will not find this apartment listing on the long list of evidence that our economy is struggling. There is the so-called Astor Suite at the Plaza Hotel in New York. It's been refurbished into a luxury apartment that you can rent for the mere price of $165,000 a month. The apartment was the Presidential Suite at the famous hotel, and has been occupied by numerous presidents and celebrities. For that reason, the realtor says the price isn't that bad when you think about it. Still, it's not yet been rented.
6at4, stock market, economy, home sales, black friday, walmart, target, business/finance
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 37 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 43 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
7 min ago