6at4 Business Report: Zynga IPO, ebay gift card, Holiday fears
December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Zynga "launches" an IPO; ebay is offering a gift card; holiday fears are hitting shoppers.
It's the first day of trading for Facebook game-maker Zynga; the maker of Farmville and Cityville. This is the biggest internet IPO since Google went public in 2004. The company raised $1 billion in their IPO but as the stock markets closed out the trading day, the stock fell below its opening price of $11 a share.
ebay Gift Card
e-bay is giving consumers an incentive to shop in a store after amazon.com came under fire for doing the exact opposite. E-bay is giving customers a $10 gift card to use in stores after customers have spent $100 online using ebay's PayPal service. It's only in select stores though. To get that deal, you'll have to shop at Toys R Us, Dicks Sporting Goods and aeropostale. The promotion ends December 19th.
It's the time of year when we over-indulge in just about everything. According to a survey conducted by Wakefield Research and Western Union, about 38% of consumers worry about overspending. Some of our other worries: Eating too much; Finding the perfect gift; Seeing family; and work commitments are also on the list. The survey also found, on average, consumers will spend $525 just on gifts this year.
6at4, stock market, economy, dustin hoffman, amazon.com, facebook, computers, business/finance
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 38 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!