6at4 Business Report: Holiday trouble for Best Buy
December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- One of the nation's largest online retailers is feeling some backlash from Black Friday orders.
Higher oil & gas prices
Get ready for higher oil prices next year. They're expected to average $100 a barrel in 2012 according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. A Citigroup analyst tells us that means gas prices may rise above $4 a gallon next summer. The reason oil and gas is moving higher nationwide is Sunoco and ConocoPhillips are idling two local plants -- Marcus Hook and Trainer. On top of that, another Sunoco refinery in Philadelphia may shut if no buyer is found.
Home values still declining
There's a mixed outlook on the housing recovery. The good news: Zillow.com says home values are still on the decline, but not as fast as before. In fact, they say values will have their smallest decrease in four years. But they say the value of the country's overall housing market dropped by nearly $700 billion this year and it doesn't see a recovery until 2013.
Best Buy problem filling orders
Best Buy is making the naughty list for lots of people this holiday season! Some orders dating back as far as Black Friday were cancelled at the last minute. The Minneapolis Star Tribune quotes Best Buy blaming overwhelming demand for certain products like TVs, tablets, cameras, laptops and video games. The retailer is now dealing with a lot of customer backlash with people posting comments on internet forums saying they're never shopping at Best Buy again because those Christmas gifts won't be delivered.
6at4, stock market, economy, best buy, sunoco, home sales, shopping, black friday, business/finance
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 1 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator