6at4 Business Report: More Best Buy headaches; Big lottery prizes
December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- The holiday headaches continue for many Best Buy shoppers, but some folks are celebrating large lottery jackpots!
More Best Buy Canceled Orders
With less than two days until Christmas, some shoppers are left scrambling after best buy said they won't get their orders in time. The retailer has canceled some online orders placed *thanksgiving weekend. Best Buy said business is going so well, it can't fill all its orders. The company said it has notified the affected customers.
Spanish Lottery winners celebrate
Imagine winning more than $500,000 just days before Christmas. Lottery winners in Spain celebrated their victory in the El Gordo lottery. El Gordo means the "the fat one." 1,800 tickets had the winning numbers for the jackpot which totaled nearly $1 billion. Many of the tickets were sold in a town hit hard by unemployment, so the win couldn't have come at a better time.
Big lottery jackpots here
It's not close to $1 billion, but there are two big lottery jackpots up for grabs. Friday night's Mega Millions prize is $173 million. Saturday night's Christmas Eve Powerball drawing is at $125 million. Someone could be getting a very nice present! We will have the winning numbers each night during on Action News at 11.
6at4, stock market, economy, best buy, black friday, shopping, holidays, business/finance
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs