Disney will allow park workers to have beards
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Workers at Disney's theme parks will be allowed to grow beards and goatees for the first time ever.
A Disney spokeswoman said Monday that the new policy will apply to workers in Florida and California starting next month.
Disney had prohibited all facial hair on its theme park workers since Disneyland opened in California in the mid-1950s. The company revised its policy in 2000 to allow mustaches, provided they were grown on vacation and not at work.
Starting Feb. 3, beards, mustaches and other facial growth will be allowed.
Disney periodically reassesses its grooming requirements. The Disney spokeswoman says officials decided now was a good time to revise the hair policy.
The policy change also allows workers in areas without visitor contact to have casual Fridays.
disney, employment, business/finance
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 53 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 55 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 27 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
55 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
7 min ago