Macy's sues Martha Stewart Living
NEW YORK (AP) - January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Macy's Inc. has sued Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. in a bid to block a licensing deal between the housewares company and J.C. Penney Co.
In the lawsuit filed Monday in New York State Supreme Court, Macy's claims Martha Stewart Living's deal with J.C. Penney violates the terms of an exclusive pact Macy's has to sell Martha Stewart Living products at its stores. That's according to reports in The Wall Street Journal and other publications.
The complaint comes after Plano, Tex.-based J.C. Penney acquired a 16.6 percent stake in Martha Stewart Living and announced plans last month to open mini-Martha Stewart shops inside most of its stores, beginning next year.
Cincinnati-based Macy's has asked the court for a preliminary injunction to block the deal.
jc penney, macy's, business/finance
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 29 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 36 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 47 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
29 min ago