Macy's sues Martha Stewart Living
NEW YORK (AP) - January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Macy's Inc. has sued Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. in a bid to block a licensing deal between the housewares company and J.C. Penney Co.
In the lawsuit filed Monday in New York State Supreme Court, Macy's claims Martha Stewart Living's deal with J.C. Penney violates the terms of an exclusive pact Macy's has to sell Martha Stewart Living products at its stores. That's according to reports in The Wall Street Journal and other publications.
The complaint comes after Plano, Tex.-based J.C. Penney acquired a 16.6 percent stake in Martha Stewart Living and announced plans last month to open mini-Martha Stewart shops inside most of its stores, beginning next year.
Cincinnati-based Macy's has asked the court for a preliminary injunction to block the deal.
jc penney, macy's, business/finance
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 5 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 5 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 5 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 5 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
5 min ago