Free tax help available in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- In the city of Philadelphia today, an effort to make doing your taxes a little less painful.
Mayor Michael Nutter announced the opening of 11 free tax preparation sites citywide, managed by the Campaign for Working Families.
Free tax assistance is available at those offices (Click Here for a directory) to any family earning $50,000 or less, and any individual earning less than $20,000.
Each year the campaign operates free tax sites in Center City, South Philadelphia, West and Southwest Philadelphia, North Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia and Germantown. Some sites have Spanish speaking staff available. Customers are seen on first come, first served walk-in basis. No appointment is needed.
6at4, stock market, economy, taxes, pennsylvania, philadelphia, irs, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ