Wendy's reports lower adjusted profit, revenue up
DUBLIN, Ohio - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wendy's Co. says its adjusted earnings fell 29.5 percent in the fourth quarter, while its revenue rose 5.6 percent,
The hamburger chain said Monday its income from continuing operations was $4.3 million in the period ended Jan. 1. That was down from $6.1 million a year ago.
The adjusted number stripped out one-time charges like costs related to selling Arby's and writing down the value of some assets. The company didn't report what net income would be if those charges were factored in.
Earnings were 4 cents per share, in line with the predictions of analysts polled by FactSet. After adjusting for the one-time charges, earnings were 1 cent per share.
Wendy's says revenue rose to $615 million, beating the $613 million predicted by analysts polled by FactSet. More visitors and higher prices helped.
Shares fell 2 percent in early trading to $5.10.
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 25 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 27 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 10 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 13 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
6 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
13 min ago