6at4 Business Report: Farmers Insurance expanding in New Jersey
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno was on hand in Cherry Hill today to tour a facility that soon will bring 700 jobs to that state.
It is the new, New Jersey home to Farmers Insurance, which is the nation's 5th largest car insurance company.
Farmers set up shop here in Cherry Hill last October, but has now gotten approval to expand. So, over each of the next 4 years, the company will hire and train up to 200 agents.
Farmers cited New Jersey's favorable business climate as a reason for their decision.
6at4, stock market, economy, new jersey, cherry hill, employment, automobiles, business/finance
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 22 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police