6at4 Business Report: Farmers Insurance expanding in New Jersey
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno was on hand in Cherry Hill today to tour a facility that soon will bring 700 jobs to that state.
It is the new, New Jersey home to Farmers Insurance, which is the nation's 5th largest car insurance company.
Farmers set up shop here in Cherry Hill last October, but has now gotten approval to expand. So, over each of the next 4 years, the company will hire and train up to 200 agents.
Farmers cited New Jersey's favorable business climate as a reason for their decision.
6at4, stock market, economy, new jersey, cherry hill, employment, automobiles, business/finance
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 59 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos