6at4 Business Report: Honda mileage lawsuit, mortgages, unemployment
February 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Honda loses a lawsuit over hybrid mileage; unemployment numbers and mortgage rates take a turn.
Woman wins mileage lawsuit against Honda
A California woman won a small claims lawsuit against Honda over the mileage of her hybrid. Heather Peters is a former attorney and she said she noticed that the mileage on her Civic hybrid kept dropping the longer she owned the car. A judge awarded her $9,867. She bought the car in 2006 and said she got 50 miles/gallon, and then it dropped to 30 miles/gallon and now it's in the 20s. Honda said the sticker clearly states that mileage can vary. The judge issued a 26 page ruling saying that Honda was aware by the time Peters bought her car that there were problems living up to the advertised mileage. Peters says she plans to renew her legal license so she can represent other Honda owners with a similar problem.
Trenton's mayor hits NASDAQ
Trenton Mayor Tony Mack crossed the border into New York this morning to put his city in the financial spotlight. Mayor Mack was asked to ring the NASDAQ Stock Market's opening bell in Times Square. The mayor says he took the opportunity to advance his goal of developing interest and, ultimately, jobs in Trenton. Mack says he used the time before the ceremony to talk to investors about the capital city's assets.
6at4, stock market, economy, honda, business/finance
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom 46 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 45 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
45 min ago