4 Yahoo board members including chair leaving
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (AP) - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yahoo Chairman Roy Bostock and three longtime board members are leaving the troubled Internet company.
The shake-up announced Tuesday continues a drastic makeover of Yahoo's leadership during the past month as the company tries to win back investors frustrated with years of broken turnaround promises.
Yahoo Inc. ushered in a new era last month by hiring former PayPal executive Scott Thompson as its fourth CEO in less than five years.
Then Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang resigned from the board.
Bostock is departing along with Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson.
Many Yahoo shareholders have been clamoring for Bostock to step down since the company balked a $47.5 billion takeover offer from Microsoft Corp. in 2008.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 50 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 15 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 15 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 15 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
1 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
50 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
15 min ago