4 Yahoo board members including chair leaving
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (AP) - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yahoo Chairman Roy Bostock and three longtime board members are leaving the troubled Internet company.
The shake-up announced Tuesday continues a drastic makeover of Yahoo's leadership during the past month as the company tries to win back investors frustrated with years of broken turnaround promises.
Yahoo Inc. ushered in a new era last month by hiring former PayPal executive Scott Thompson as its fourth CEO in less than five years.
Then Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang resigned from the board.
Bostock is departing along with Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson.
Many Yahoo shareholders have been clamoring for Bostock to step down since the company balked a $47.5 billion takeover offer from Microsoft Corp. in 2008.
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 10 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)