6at4 Business Report: Shamrock Shakes, Kodak, Microsoft
February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philly-born Shamrock Shake is finally going nationwide!
Greek debt deal triggers markets
News out of Greece pushed the market higher. Another agreement that may clear the way for a deal to cut the nation's debt which would be its 2nd rescue package in two years. That deal includes deep cuts to wages and public sector jobs in Greece.
Kodak - The end of era
Eastman Kodak is closing the book on its digital camera business. It marks the end of an era for a company that brought photography to the masses more than 100 years ago. Kodak is trying to reorganize in bankruptcy and says it's also phasing out pocket video cameras and digital picture frames. The company will honor all product warranties and provide tech support for the products that are being discontinued.
Get ready for Windows 8! Later this month, Microsoft plans to unveil its latest operating system. The twist is that Microsoft is relying on this one to make headway into the tablet-computer market. The tech company hasn't been faring too well in the past because more people are defecting from laptops to tablets like Apple's iPad.
For the first time ever, McDonald's is taking its shamrock shake nationwide. It's become kind of a cult favorite like the McRib. The Associated Press says the minty green St. Patrick's day milk shake will be available in all 14,000 U.S. restaurants through March 25. Remember, the Shamrock Shake was born in Philadelphia back in 1970 when Philadelphia Eagles tight end Fred Hill's daughter developed leukemia. It started as a weeklong promo that donated all the profits to the first Ronald McDonald house.
6at4, stock market, economy, mcdonalds, kodak, microsoft, Greece, business/finance
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ