6at4 Business Report: Whitney Houston, Empire State Building IPO, AT&T limits some data
February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Whitney Houston's song sales soar, as does Apple's stock; You could soon buy a piece of the Empire State Building.
Whitney Houston sales soaring
Whitney Houston's albums are currently holding seven of the top ten spots on amazon.com and three of her albums are also in the top 10 on iTunes, including her greatest hits which is the top selling album on iTunes.
AT&T throttling some data users
Be sure not to use too much data! A report by the Associated Press says AT&T is putting clamps on users it considers "heavy cellular data" users. For those users, AT&T is slowing download speeds by roughly 99%, which means a page that would normally take a second to load will instead take about 2 minutes. The paper says AT&T has about 17 million customers that are subject to the limit. If you want to upgrade your cell phone AT&T started yesterday doubling the price of upgrading to a new cellphone to $36. It's a one-time fee that you pay in addition to the cost of the phone itself.
Empire State Building IPO
Ddo you want to own a piece of the Empire State Buidling? Well, here's your chance. The 102-story Manhanttan landmark is owned by Empire State Realty and they plan to raise $1 billion in an initial public offering. It's coming at a good time, Manhattan office values have gained 87% accroding to Green Street Advisors and seem to be rebounding after the recession.
Apple stock passes $500/share
Apple smashed another record today. The company stock passed the $500 per share mark. The tech giant has seen sales of its iPhone and iPad soar. To give you an idea of the stock's surge: Just 6 months ago shares hit the $400 level for the first time. Three years ago apple stock was introduced at $78.20.
6at4, stock market, economy, apple, at&t, whitney houston, new york city, business/finance
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Temps soar above normal 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 32 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion