Express Scripts moves on after Walgreen split
February 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Express Scripts says it is doing fine after breaking up with pharmacy operator Walgreen, but it won't rule out getting back together with the largest U.S. drugstore chain.
Express Scripts is a pharmacy benefits manager that paid Walgreen to fill prescriptions. Their contracted ended in December after the companies failed to agree on terms for a new deal.
Walgreen had managed about 20 percent of Express Scripts' prescription volume before the contract ended. Express Scripts says it is keeping the vast majority of that business, and its clients are not upset with the split.
Even so, Express Scripts CEO George Paz says his company is always open to more negotiations with Walgreen, but a new deal has to be on terms that are best for his company.
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 32 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 55 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
57 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
55 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
52 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
21 min ago