New Nike Foamposite Galaxy sneakers on sale
February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- People from around the country have been camping out, waiting for the hottest new sneakers to go on sale today.
Stores are only getting a limited supply of the Nike Foamposite Galaxy and they are expected to fly off the shelves at the speed of light.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Thursday night the demand resulted in a riot breaking out at the Florida Mall.
ABC News has been reporting on the dozens of people waiting in lines outside sneaker stores in New York City.
The sneakers are being released in connection with the NBA All-Star Game in Orlando.
The sneakers have a galaxy theme representing to the All-Star Game's proximity to the Kennedy Space Station.
"Interior graphics pay homage to the phenomenon of the Supernova - arguably the most powerful force in the universe - while fonts and badging are featured within the collection as a nod to Orlando and space," the Nike website says.
The sneakers are priced at $220.
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 5 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport