American Express, Twitter team up on retail deals
BOSTON (AP) - March 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- American Express card holders can use Twitter's online messaging service to get discounts and other deals from more than a dozen retailers.
Card holders signing up for the service announced Tuesday can get the deals by tweeting a Twitter hashtag, or search term, that's unique to that offer. Savings are automatically credited to the customer's card statement.
Customers with American Express consumer or business card accounts can visit a website to sync their card with Twitter and qualify for discounts. Sixteen retailers are offering the discounts, including Best Buy, Dell, McDonald's, Ticketmaster and Whole Foods Market.
The service is intended to streamline the use of social media to take advantage of discounts without being re-directed to a merchant's website, entering a promotion code or printing a coupon.
american express, best buy, mcdonalds, twitter, business/finance
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 24 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 39 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 24 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 19 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
39 min ago