American Express, Twitter team up on retail deals
BOSTON (AP) - March 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- American Express card holders can use Twitter's online messaging service to get discounts and other deals from more than a dozen retailers.
Card holders signing up for the service announced Tuesday can get the deals by tweeting a Twitter hashtag, or search term, that's unique to that offer. Savings are automatically credited to the customer's card statement.
Customers with American Express consumer or business card accounts can visit a website to sync their card with Twitter and qualify for discounts. Sixteen retailers are offering the discounts, including Best Buy, Dell, McDonald's, Ticketmaster and Whole Foods Market.
The service is intended to streamline the use of social media to take advantage of discounts without being re-directed to a merchant's website, entering a promotion code or printing a coupon.
american express, best buy, mcdonalds, twitter, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 53 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ