Amazon to sell $10 cards for $5 to lure customers
NEW YORK (AP) - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Amazon is hoping that five bucks will get you in the door to its local deals site, AmazonLocal.
Amazon.com Inc. will be selling $10 gift carts for $5 on Tuesday to people who visit AmazonLocal.com. That's the online retailer's answer to deals sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial. The gift cards are good for anywhere on Amazon.com, not just the local deals site.
Amazon isn't saying how many of the cards it is selling. Last year, LivingSocial sold about 1.4 million of $10-for-$20 Amazon gift cards. LivingSocial is part owned by Seattle-based Amazon.
amazon.com, shopping, business/finance
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights 4 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 11 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
11 min ago