6at4 Business Report: Apple; Starbucks; Debt stress
March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple makes a big announcement - this time it has nothing to do with a new product launch; Research says 20-somethings could use some extra cash; Starbucks is pushing beyond coffee and into the juice business.
Apple makes a big announcement - this time it has nothing to do with a new product launch. Investors are getting something back from all the Apple mania. The company is using part of its $100 billion cash - to pay a 1 time dividend. So if you have stock in Apple, you'll get paid $2.65 for every share you own. The CEO says they'll continue investing in opening new stores, and doing more research into the next hot new product. The move makes Google the only tech company worth more than a hundred billion dollars that does not pay a dividend to investors.
Stress from debt
Research says 20-somethings could use some extra cash. A new survey says 2 in 3 young people are stressed out from mountains of debt, the average totals $45,000 dollars according to PNC Bank. More than half of young people surveyed say they hold student loan debt until they reach 30 years old.
Starbucks opening juice stores
Starbucks is pushing beyond coffee and into the juice business as they look to new businesses for growth. Today Starbucks opened its first Evolution Fresh store in Bellevue, Washington. Evoltuion drinks will also make their way in Starbucks stores later this year. Starbucks is facing growing competition from the likes of McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts and consumers are demanding healthier products.
6at4, stock market, economy, apple, starbucks, business/finance
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 12 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 41 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 59 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed