Apple has sold 3 million iPads
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. says it has sold 3 million iPads since Friday when it released the latest version of the tablet computer.
The new, third model comes with a faster processor, a much sharper screen and an improved camera. As with the previous models, prices start at $499 in the U.S.
Apple said Monday that this is its strongest launch for an iPad yet.
The Cupertino, Calif., company began selling the latest tablet computer in the U.S. and nine other countries Friday and will begin selling it in 24 more countries at the end of this week.
apple, ipad, business/finance
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees