Apple has sold 3 million iPads
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. says it has sold 3 million iPads since Friday when it released the latest version of the tablet computer.
The new, third model comes with a faster processor, a much sharper screen and an improved camera. As with the previous models, prices start at $499 in the U.S.
Apple said Monday that this is its strongest launch for an iPad yet.
The Cupertino, Calif., company began selling the latest tablet computer in the U.S. and nine other countries Friday and will begin selling it in 24 more countries at the end of this week.
apple, ipad, business/finance
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 17 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ