Apple has sold 3 million iPads
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. says it has sold 3 million iPads since Friday when it released the latest version of the tablet computer.
The new, third model comes with a faster processor, a much sharper screen and an improved camera. As with the previous models, prices start at $499 in the U.S.
Apple said Monday that this is its strongest launch for an iPad yet.
The Cupertino, Calif., company began selling the latest tablet computer in the U.S. and nine other countries Friday and will begin selling it in 24 more countries at the end of this week.
apple, ipad, business/finance
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 13 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
9 min ago