Apple has sold 3 million iPads
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. says it has sold 3 million iPads since Friday when it released the latest version of the tablet computer.
The new, third model comes with a faster processor, a much sharper screen and an improved camera. As with the previous models, prices start at $499 in the U.S.
Apple said Monday that this is its strongest launch for an iPad yet.
The Cupertino, Calif., company began selling the latest tablet computer in the U.S. and nine other countries Friday and will begin selling it in 24 more countries at the end of this week.
apple, ipad, business/finance
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 2 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...