Starbucks, Green Mountain expand partnership
SEATTLE (AP) - March 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Starbucks Coffee Co. and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. are expanding their partnership to make, market, distribute and sell Starbucks' Vue coffee packs for use in Green Mountain's Keurig Vue single-cup machines.
The news relieved some investors concerned that Starbucks' new single-cup Verismo coffee machine might be a competitive threat to Keurig.
Green Mountain stock jumped $3.50, or 6.9 percent, to $54.20 in early trading after Wednesday's announcement.
Green Mountain, which is based in Waterbury, Vermont, is expected to distribute Starbucks Vue packs initially to U.S. specialty, department store and mass retailers and on its web sites by the fall.
Shares of Seattle-based Starbucks Corp. dipped 10 cents to $53.63.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos