Sony Pictures head Lynton to oversee US operations
NEW YORK - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sony Corp. says that Michael Lynton, the chairman of movie studio Sony Pictures, will be promoted to chief executive of all of Sony's operations in the U.S.
Lynton will continue to head Sony Pictures along with co-chairman Amy Pascal.
Nicole Seligman, Sony's general counsel, will become president of Sony Corp. of America.
The changes, announced Thursday, will take effect on June 27. They are part of an executive shake-up that coincides with Kazuo Hirai's promotion to CEO of all of Sony on April 1, replacing Sir Howard Stringer.
Hirai says Lynton and Seligman will be key members of his management team and help Sony best make and deliver entertainment, products and services that people want.
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 10 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
16 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
10 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos