Sony Pictures head Lynton to oversee US operations
NEW YORK - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sony Corp. says that Michael Lynton, the chairman of movie studio Sony Pictures, will be promoted to chief executive of all of Sony's operations in the U.S.
Lynton will continue to head Sony Pictures along with co-chairman Amy Pascal.
Nicole Seligman, Sony's general counsel, will become president of Sony Corp. of America.
The changes, announced Thursday, will take effect on June 27. They are part of an executive shake-up that coincides with Kazuo Hirai's promotion to CEO of all of Sony on April 1, replacing Sir Howard Stringer.
Hirai says Lynton and Seligman will be key members of his management team and help Sony best make and deliver entertainment, products and services that people want.
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting