Honda recalling 550,000 SUVs
DETROIT (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Honda says it is recalling more than 550,000 CR-V and Pilot SUVs because the low-beam headlights can fail.
The automaker says it will fix a problem with the headlight wiring. Affected vehicles include 2002-2004 CR-Vs and 2003 Pilots.
Honda says there isn't enough slack in the wiring leading to the headlight switch. Over time the wires can work their way loose and cut off the low-beam lights. No crashes or injuries have been reported due to the problem.
Owners will get recall notices in the mail starting in late April.
People can check to see if their SUVs are part of the recall by going to www.recalls.honda.com or by calling (800) 999-1009 and picking option four.
honda, automobiles, recall, business/finance
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 18 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
18 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
51 min ago