6at4 Business Report: Groupon review; Google payout; Baggage price hike
April 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Groupon under possible government review; Google paying millions to Rhode Island; An airline is increasing a baggage fee.
Rhode Island to get millions from Google
Several law enforcement agencies in Rhode Island will receive millions thanks to their involvement in an investigation on Google. Last year Google forfeited $500 million to settle a U.S. government investigation into its distribution of online ads from Canadian pharmacies illegally selling prescription drugs. For their contribution, five state and local agencies in Rhode Island will get $230 million
Morgan Stanley Foreclosure Review
Morgan Stanley is being ordered by the Federal Reserve to review foreclosures carried out by its former Saxon Mortgage servicer before the unit was sold. Foreclosures pending in 2009 and 2010 will be reviewed. Homeowners will be reimbursed for unreasonable penalties or other costs.
Groupon under review
Groupon's stock is still under pressure, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that the Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into the daily deal site. Groupon had to revise financial results last week. Sources tell the WSJ that the probe is in the early stages and officials have not decided whether to formally investigate Groupon yet.
Does Facebook make you feel fat?
A new survey reveals 75% of Facebook users are unhappy with their body. A study conducted by the Center for Eating Disorders at Sheppard Pratt says that Facebook's new timeline feature makes it easier for users to compare current pictures with older ones from various points in their lives. Just over half of respondents said Facebook made them feel more self conscious about their body and weight. Some Facebookers also often wish they looked more like one of their friends.
Allegient Airline's new $35 Carry-On Baggage Fee
Starting tomorrow another airline will charge passengers to store carry-on bags in overhead bins. Allegiant Air will charge $35, but passengers who pay online will pay less. You will be able to bring one small bag, like a purse or briefcase onboard for free. But it must be stored under a seat. Allegiant air is low cost carrier that flies out of Allentown International Airport.
6at4, stock market, economy, groupon, air travel, google, home sales, allentown, business/finance
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 47 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 48 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 51 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 7 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
50 min ago