6at4 Business Report: Ice cream price hike?
Some reports are predicting a shortage of a key ingredient and it could drive up ice cream's price.
Yahoo Job Cuts
Yahoo announced massive cuts that will save $375 million a year. But to get those savings, 2,000 people will lose their jobs. The internet company announced it was cutting 14% of its workforce in a restructuring plan. Today's cut mark Yahoo's 6th round of mass layoffs in just the past four years.
Burger King Goes Public
Burger King is having it their way and returning to Wall Street as a public company again. The fast food chain was taken private back in 2010 by investment firm 3G Capital in the biggest restaurant acquisition in at least a decade. Now, 3G is selling a 29% stake in Burger King to another company that will take it public. The new entity will trade on the New York Stock Exchange within the next 3 months, under the name "Burger King Worldwide."
Ice Cream Price Hike?
Ice cream lovers, brace yourselves for a price hike. It may cost up to 10% more for your favorite ice cream. According to a publication called "Management Today", it's all because of a vanilla shortage and producers are probably going to pass the extra cost onto you.
AAA Opens New Facility in Pa.
The American Automobile Association opened a new facility for Delaware County. Action News was in Clifton Heights this morning for the grand opening of the Mid-Atlantic region's new Car Care, Insurance, and Travel Center. The state-of-the art shop gives AAA members and non-members a chance to make travel plans, buy insurance, get vehicle tags and more all while waiting for their cars to be repaired. The full-service center is only the second in Pennsylvania.
6at4, stock market, economy, yahoo, burger king, fast food, food, business/finance
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 13 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier