6at4 Business Report: Limits on Netflix, Pandora and caffeine
It's some of the stuff that can help get you through the day, but limits might be coming for some Netflix, Pandora and caffeine users.
Netflix and Pandora Blocked
The Wall Street Journal says Procter and Gamble is blocking employees from watching movies on Netflix or listening to music on Pandora. It's because employees have been logging mega hours and that's causing a major internet slowdown. Many businesses are struggling to keep their networks running smoothly with all the downloading of video and audio; some for legitimate work, some not so much.
Caffeine Energy Drink Limit?
A lack of caffeine can cause a slowdown for many people, but one U.S. senator is trying to put caffeine limits on energy drinks. Senator Dick Durbin is urging the Food and Drug Administration to investigate energy drinks after emergency room visits involving the products jumped 10-fold from 2005 to 2009. Energy drinks don't have to comply with FDA caffeine guidelines for sodas if they're labeled "dietary supplements." The agency says it's looking into the nation's caffeine intake to make sure energy drinks are safe.
6at4, stock market, economy, netflix, proctor & gamble, fda, food, business/finance
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 21 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
21 min ago