Revel Casino in AC officially opens
ATLANTIC CITY - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- It was supposed to be a soft opening but Revel Casino was packed with people Monday. People everywhere came to check out the $2.4 billion state-of-the-art facility.
"We were hoping it would be steady and balanced and we sort of got slammed. It's a good thing, we're not complaining, "said CEO Kevin Desanctis.
The 6.3 million square foot facility embraces its environment, especially the ocean. It's 1898 rooms and suits all have an ocean view.
The 47 story structure is the tallest building in Atlantic City and New Jersey's second tallest.
"The nature of the outside of the building - reflects silver blue glass showing the sky and the surf. The inside is a whole sequence of wows ," said architect Michael Prifti.
Five of the 14 restaurants were open Monday, with the others to be phased in with it's Grand Opening during Memorial Day Weekend.
Revel also boasts a 31,000 square foot spa and 10 pools.
With all the glitz and glamour, many are hoping it's the spark that some say is so desperately needed in Atlantic City.
The casino had a series of setbacks. In wake of the economic downturn, it took nearly five years to open but the CEO says it was worth it.
"After a while it becomes your life. You keep working at it day after day and finally it happens. I'm thrilled," said Desanctis.
Guests who got a glimpse of the new casino also agree.
"I think it's great. It looks great with beautiful views. It gives me another place to donate money," said Dave Washington.
new jersey, atlantic county, atlantic city, casinos, gambling, business/finance, dann cuellar
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 34 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 55 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
12 min ago