Chrysler recalls small Jeeps to fix gas valves
DETROIT (AP) - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chrysler is recalling about 1,700 small Jeeps because faulty gas tank valves can cause fires.
The recall affects some 2012 all-wheel-drive Jeep Compass and Patriot SUVs.
Chrysler says the valves were damaged when the manufacturer tested them for leaks.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the valves can leak gasoline if the SUVs are involved in a crash. Chrysler says it doesn't know of any fires or injuries.
The recall is expected to start in June. Dealers will replace the fuel tanks free of charge.
Owners with questions can call Chrysler at (800) 853-1403.
chrysler, recall, business/finance
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 30 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 49 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 20 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
20 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos