Odwalla chocolate protein drink recalled
ATLANTA (AP) - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Odwalla Inc. says it is voluntarily recalling its Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster beverage because four customers who have peanut allergies experienced severe allergic reactions after drinking it.
A news release Thursday from the Coca-Cola-owned company says it is recalling 12-ounce and 32-ounce bottles, with "enjoy by" dates prior to and including May 23, 2012. They were distributed nationwide.
The 12-ounce bottles are also available in variety packs sold at Costco stores.
The company says people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts and/or tree nuts may run the risk of a serious or life-threatening reaction if they consume the drink.
Odwalla says it's working with the FDA to investigate the cause of these allergic reactions since the drink contains no peanut or tree nut ingredients.
recall, coca cola, business/finance
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 24 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 1 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally