Odwalla chocolate protein drink recalled
ATLANTA (AP) - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Odwalla Inc. says it is voluntarily recalling its Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster beverage because four customers who have peanut allergies experienced severe allergic reactions after drinking it.
A news release Thursday from the Coca-Cola-owned company says it is recalling 12-ounce and 32-ounce bottles, with "enjoy by" dates prior to and including May 23, 2012. They were distributed nationwide.
The 12-ounce bottles are also available in variety packs sold at Costco stores.
The company says people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts and/or tree nuts may run the risk of a serious or life-threatening reaction if they consume the drink.
Odwalla says it's working with the FDA to investigate the cause of these allergic reactions since the drink contains no peanut or tree nut ingredients.
recall, coca cola, business/finance
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 27 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
27 min ago