Odwalla chocolate protein drink recalled
ATLANTA (AP) - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Odwalla Inc. says it is voluntarily recalling its Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster beverage because four customers who have peanut allergies experienced severe allergic reactions after drinking it.
A news release Thursday from the Coca-Cola-owned company says it is recalling 12-ounce and 32-ounce bottles, with "enjoy by" dates prior to and including May 23, 2012. They were distributed nationwide.
The 12-ounce bottles are also available in variety packs sold at Costco stores.
The company says people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts and/or tree nuts may run the risk of a serious or life-threatening reaction if they consume the drink.
Odwalla says it's working with the FDA to investigate the cause of these allergic reactions since the drink contains no peanut or tree nut ingredients.
recall, coca cola, business/finance
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 30 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 25 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 33 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
4 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
30 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
25 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
33 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos