6at4 Business Report: Facebook buys Instagram; Gas prices up
April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook expands by buying popular online photo tool Instagram.
Facebook buys Instagram for $1 billion
Facebook has scooped up the popular photo sharing app, Instrgram. The social networking service is shelling out about $1 billion. It's the company's biggest acquisition yet. Instragram has more than 3 million registered users. The purchase comes as Facebook tries to boost up its features with extra bells and whistles ahead of its $5 billion IPO. It will be the biggest internet IPO in history.
Philly Gas Prices Near $4/gallon
Gas prices stayed the same overnight, but they have shot up 8¢ on average since last week. In Philadelphia, the price for a gallon of regular stands at $3.98 cents. That's according to the American Automobile Association. Drivers in Delaware are paying $3.91. South Jersey still has the cheapest gas at $3.78 cents.
6at4, stock market, economy, facebook, gas prices, business/finance
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 18 min ago
- Record Warmth! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
18 min ago
- Record Warmth!
3 min ago