6at4 Business Report: Ford Mustang; airfares; mom salaries; LANTA
Ford plans a redesigned Mustang; It's a great time to book Memorial Day flights; What's the cost of owning an electric car?
New Ford Mustang Planned
Ford is getting ready to unveil its newest version of the Mustang, and it's said to have an edge. The automaker said it wanted the 2015 Mustang to have familiar styling cues, but also wanted it to be more appealing in global markets. It's expected to be available to the consumer in mid 2014 when Ford marks the Mustang's 50th anniversary. Images of the new car will be unveiled on Wednesday at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
One in Five Adults Does Not Use Internet
Here's some research that may shock you. One in five adults does not use the internet. The Pew Internet Project found half of those who do not surf the web, say it's because they do not think it's relevant to them or it's a waste of time. Senior Citizens and people without a high school education were among the least likely adults to have internet access. Nearly 40% of those surveyed, with an annual household income under $30,000 also do not go online.
Best Deal Time for Airfares
If you're planning a trip to kickstart summer in a few weeks, you might want to book now. Travelocity's 2012 Memorial Day Booking Barometershows some of the best deals on domestic flights are available between 4 to 6 weeks before the holiday. In fact, the site expects airfares to average right around $300 bucks over the next two weeks before jumping in the three weeks leading up to Memorial Day.
Electric Car Costs
With gasoline prices still sky high, you may be wondering how much you'd actually save by going electric. A new study by the Union of Concerned Scientists finds drivers of electric vehicles could save as much as $1,200 a year compared with driving a new gasoline-powered compact car.
Stay-at-home Mom Salary
All you stay at home moms, check this out! Salary.com is out with its annual survey of how much moms would be paid-- if they actually got a paycheck. It found moms at home work about 95 hours a week and including overtime pay, that boils down to an annual salary of nearly $113,000.
New LANTA expansion
Transportation officials in the Lehigh Valley began a major expansion and renovation project in Allentown today. They gathered at LANTA Headquaraters on Lehigh Street for the ground breaking of the $13 million bus garage expansion.
6at4, stock market, economy, allentown, ford motor company, air fare, air travel, business/finance
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 33 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 7 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
33 min ago