6at4 Business Report: Student debt; AT&T 4G comes in tops
Student loan debt could be causing problesm for the housing market; AT&T 4G comes in tops.
Student debt skyrocketing
As tuition costs surge at colleges and universities, many Americans are struggling to pay off their student loans. A strategist at Brockhouse and Cooper says student loan debt is turning into a 'significant drag' on the housing market. One reason: many former students won't be able to get mortgages at affordable rates because of their debt burdens. Overall, student debt now tops $1 trillion.
AT&T 4G Service rated fastest downloads
Which carrier has the fastest 4G service? According to PC World, it's AT&T based on tests in 13 cities. AT&T had the fastest downloads speeds. For upload speeds, though, Verizon edged out AT&T. For 3G service T-Mobile dominated all wireless networks in both upload and download speeds. Sprint was the biggest loser in both 3G and 4G service according to the study.
6at4, stock market, economy, at&t, cell phones, education, business/finance
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases