6at4 Business Report: Student debt; AT&T 4G comes in tops
Student loan debt could be causing problesm for the housing market; AT&T 4G comes in tops.
Student debt skyrocketing
As tuition costs surge at colleges and universities, many Americans are struggling to pay off their student loans. A strategist at Brockhouse and Cooper says student loan debt is turning into a 'significant drag' on the housing market. One reason: many former students won't be able to get mortgages at affordable rates because of their debt burdens. Overall, student debt now tops $1 trillion.
AT&T 4G Service rated fastest downloads
Which carrier has the fastest 4G service? According to PC World, it's AT&T based on tests in 13 cities. AT&T had the fastest downloads speeds. For upload speeds, though, Verizon edged out AT&T. For 3G service T-Mobile dominated all wireless networks in both upload and download speeds. Sprint was the biggest loser in both 3G and 4G service according to the study.
6at4, stock market, economy, at&t, cell phones, education, business/finance
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 36 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 3 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...