US Airways makes deals with 3 AMR unions
DALLAS (AP) - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- US Airways Group Inc. says it has made deals with the three unions at American Airlines.
The contracts would cover American Airlines workers if there's a merger with US Airways. However, US Airways says no deal on a merger has been made.
American is reorganizing under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Its executives have said they want to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone airline.
US Airways says the deals are with the Transport Workers Union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and the Allied Pilots Association.
american airlines, us airways, business/finance
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 7 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 33 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine