US Airways makes deals with 3 AMR unions
DALLAS (AP) - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- US Airways Group Inc. says it has made deals with the three unions at American Airlines.
The contracts would cover American Airlines workers if there's a merger with US Airways. However, US Airways says no deal on a merger has been made.
American is reorganizing under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Its executives have said they want to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone airline.
US Airways says the deals are with the Transport Workers Union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and the Allied Pilots Association.
american airlines, us airways, business/finance
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 45 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 2 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber