US Airways makes deals with 3 AMR unions
DALLAS (AP) - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- US Airways Group Inc. says it has made deals with the three unions at American Airlines.
The contracts would cover American Airlines workers if there's a merger with US Airways. However, US Airways says no deal on a merger has been made.
American is reorganizing under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Its executives have said they want to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone airline.
US Airways says the deals are with the Transport Workers Union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and the Allied Pilots Association.
american airlines, us airways, business/finance
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash