6at4 Business Report: Apple soars, Burger King changes eggs
April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Apple stock powers the NASDAQ; Burger King changes its eggs; Moms want spa days!
The cost of college tuition has been rising for years, but now there is word that the kind of degree you're pursuing could also increase the cost. Cornell University discovered that more than 140 public universities charge different tuition depending on the major. Some economists justify the move saying that for example an engineering major will make more money than a social sciences major. Also, engineering students tend to have smaller classes.
Apple Stock Jumps
The NADSAQ had its biggest jump so far this year thanks to Apple. Apple was the darling of wall street today. The stock up had an impressive move up after their profit jumped 94% last quarter after iPhone sales in China increased an whopping 400%. A quarter of sales for Apple came from China. It wasn't just iPhone sales; iPad sales here at home also helped the company's profits.
Burger King Uses Cage Free Eggs
Burger King says they are committed to enhancing animal welfare standards. The fast-food chain is pledging all of its eggs will come from cage-free chickens by 2017 and purchasing gestation stall free pork. Burger King says they use hundreds of millions of eggs and tens of millions of pound of pork each year.
Mother's Day Gifts
Mother's Day is just around the corner and a poll by ebates.com and Harris Interactive show what men want to give the moms in their life may not necessarily be what women really want. Men think the number one gift for moms is flowers, but the number one gift moms actually want is a spa day. The second most-wanted gift by moms is flowers followed by jewelry. A smartphone or tablet rounded out the list.
New Homes in Camden
Work has now begun on 12 new homes in the Cramer Hill neighborhood of Camden. this is the first urban development to be labeled an "EPA Water Sense Community." Special fixtures, washers, dryers, and meters installed in the homes will help owners use less water. American Water donated $750,000 to help make this project happen.
6at4, stock market, economy, apple, burger king, camden, camden county, home sales, business/finance
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos