Report: Facebook IPO set for May 18
May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook will go public on May 18, a published report says, in one of the most highly anticipated tech initial public offerings since Google went public in 2004.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the social networking company is set to start its roadshow on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter. The roadshow, a series of meetings with prospective institutional investors, is designed to stir interest in the company's stock.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and chief executive of Facebook, will attend some of the meetings, The Journal reports.
The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company is seeking to raise about $5 billion in the offering.
Officials for Facebook didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos