Report: Facebook IPO set for May 18
May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook will go public on May 18, a published report says, in one of the most highly anticipated tech initial public offerings since Google went public in 2004.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the social networking company is set to start its roadshow on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter. The roadshow, a series of meetings with prospective institutional investors, is designed to stir interest in the company's stock.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and chief executive of Facebook, will attend some of the meetings, The Journal reports.
The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company is seeking to raise about $5 billion in the offering.
Officials for Facebook didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 24 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 41 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
41 min ago