Report: Facebook IPO set for May 18
May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook will go public on May 18, a published report says, in one of the most highly anticipated tech initial public offerings since Google went public in 2004.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the social networking company is set to start its roadshow on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter. The roadshow, a series of meetings with prospective institutional investors, is designed to stir interest in the company's stock.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and chief executive of Facebook, will attend some of the meetings, The Journal reports.
The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company is seeking to raise about $5 billion in the offering.
Officials for Facebook didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 52 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 34 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
52 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
34 min ago