Ford adds 32,400 Windstars to safety recalls
DETROIT (AP) - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ford has added 32,400 Windstars to two safety recalls involving parts under the minivans that can rust and break.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that Ford will recall 23,000 Windstars from Virginia to fix parts near the front wheels that can break and cause drivers to lose steering control.
Ford also is recalling 9,400 Windstars in Puerto Rico because the rear axles can crack and break under heavy loads.
The front steering recall covers minivans from the 1999 to 2003 model years. The rear axle recall includes vans from model years 1998 through 2003. Both are in addition to recalls that were announced earlier.
Ford Motor Co. will notify owners by mail and dealers will fix the problems free of charge.
ford motor company, recall, automobiles, business/finance
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily 25 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Temps soar above normal
47 min ago