Ford adds 32,400 Windstars to safety recalls
DETROIT (AP) - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ford has added 32,400 Windstars to two safety recalls involving parts under the minivans that can rust and break.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that Ford will recall 23,000 Windstars from Virginia to fix parts near the front wheels that can break and cause drivers to lose steering control.
Ford also is recalling 9,400 Windstars in Puerto Rico because the rear axles can crack and break under heavy loads.
The front steering recall covers minivans from the 1999 to 2003 model years. The rear axle recall includes vans from model years 1998 through 2003. Both are in addition to recalls that were announced earlier.
Ford Motor Co. will notify owners by mail and dealers will fix the problems free of charge.
ford motor company, recall, automobiles, business/finance
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 25 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 49 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ