Facebook stock sinks on 2nd day
NEW YORK - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook's stock is sinking nearly 7 percent, falling below the $38 IPO price, in the social network's second day of trading as a public company Monday.
Investors and technology industry watchers are closely tracking the Menlo Park, Calif., company's shares. The world's largest social network was one of the most anticipated initial public stock offerings ever, and now serves as a bellwether for other social media companies.
Facebook's market debut Friday suffered some hiccups, with trading on the Nasdaq delayed for a half hour and issues with traders' orders. The stock closed Friday just 23 cents above where it priced Thursday night, when many investors had hoped for a big first-day pop.
Facebook Inc.'s stock is down $2.62 to $35.61 on Monday.
facebook, stock market, business/finance
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 31 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 8 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 31 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co. 59 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 45 min ago
- Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
59 min ago