Apply for tax relief in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents in the city of Philadelphia can now apply for some tax relief... But it comes with some conditions.
Starting today, homeowners in the city can apply for what's called a "Homestead Exemption."
In theory, it allows you to reduce a certain amount of your home's taxable assessment. But, Philadelphia City Council has not yet approved the new assessment rate, and the state has not yet approved the exemption.
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter says he's hopeful both bodies will act in the coming days and weeks.
6at4, stock market, economy, philadelphia, taxes, business/finance
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 35 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
35 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos