6at4 Business Report: Dry cleaning price hike?
June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jon Corzine could be sued; Galaxy S III aims for iPhone; Is Apple TV near?; Dry cleaning prices may go up
MF Global Latest
The latest on the MF Global saga: Former CEO Jon Corzine could be sued for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence, according to the trustee in charge of liquidating the firm's brokerage business. MF Global still owes clients about $1.6 billion.
Samsung Galaxy S III
In one of the biggest challenges to Apple's iPhone, Samsung will bring its Galaxy S IIII smartphone to 5 U.S. carriers this month including Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and U.S. Cellular. The smartphone has Android software, a 4.8" HD touchscreen, an 8 megapixel camera and it also has a voice recognition technology. Preorders at Verizon start Wednesday for $200 and tomorrow at Sprint for the same price.
More news on Apple TV: Piper Jaffrey analyst Gene Munster says it could cost between $1,500 and $2,000 depending on the size of the screen. Munster says Apple TV may include the talking assistant Siri. Analysts expect it to come out this year, but Apple hasn't confirmed that.
Dry Cleaner Costs Increase
Something you might not expect could lead to higher prices at the dry cleaner. It's not the costs of chemicals or labor, but those metal hangers that could lead to the price hike. The U.S. has imposed trade penalties against Vietnam because the Vietnamese export more hangers to the U.S. than any other country -- $31 million dollars worth. It is expected that prices will increase and that cleaners will pass that added cost onto customers.
Facebook Lifting Age Restriction?
Children are supposed to be 13 before they can sign up for a Facebook page. But many kids lie about their age to get a profile. There are published reports that the social media site is testing out ways to allow younger childrenon its site. Facebook will only says it's involved in discussions on how to best help parents keep their children safe online. There is speculation that children's pages may be linked to their parents pages.
6at4, stock market, economy, apple, samsung, verizon, at&t, facebook, business/finance
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet