Taco Bell introducing more upscale menu items
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell, known for its inexpensive fare and late-night business, is trying to go more upscale.
The chain said Wednesday it plans to roll out a menu addition created by celebrity chef Lorena Garcia early next month at its nearly 5,600 U.S. restaurants.
New items feature black beans, cilantro rice, citrus- and herb-marinated chicken and cilantro dressing.
Taco Bell executive Brian Niccol calls the items "gourmet Mexican." It's a venture onto the turf of casual-dining chains such as Chipotle Mexican Grill and Qdoba Mexican Grill.
It's a departure from such standards as tacos, burritos and chalupas that target Taco Bell's core young-adult customers and will remain mainstays on the menu.
fast food, business/finance
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 30 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 25 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 20 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 18 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 17 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 7 min ago
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
30 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
20 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
25 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
18 min ago