Taco Bell introducing more upscale menu items
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell, known for its inexpensive fare and late-night business, is trying to go more upscale.
The chain said Wednesday it plans to roll out a menu addition created by celebrity chef Lorena Garcia early next month at its nearly 5,600 U.S. restaurants.
New items feature black beans, cilantro rice, citrus- and herb-marinated chicken and cilantro dressing.
Taco Bell executive Brian Niccol calls the items "gourmet Mexican." It's a venture onto the turf of casual-dining chains such as Chipotle Mexican Grill and Qdoba Mexican Grill.
It's a departure from such standards as tacos, burritos and chalupas that target Taco Bell's core young-adult customers and will remain mainstays on the menu.
fast food, business/finance
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 28 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 26 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 8 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
28 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos