Biggest Mac: McDonald's at Olympics is the biggest
LONDON (AP) - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- London's sprawling Olympic Park comes with a supersized McDonald's.
The fast-food giant says its flagship restaurant at the park will be its biggest, busiest and most sustainable, with three-quarters of the furniture and fittings set to be reused after the games.
But despite complaints by British doctors, the food choices will largely be the same as McDonald's fare around the world.
McDonald's is the sole restaurant allowed to sell brand-name food at the London Games. It will run four outlets at the venue, including a flagship that seats 1,500 people. It expects to serve up to 14,000 people a day.
The Academy of Royal Medical Colleges recently said having McDonald's sponsor the Olympics sends the wrong message in Britain, which is battling increasing obesity.
london, england, mcdonalds, business/finance
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 26 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos