American to put lie-flat seats on some US flights
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- American Airlines says it will become the first U.S. airline to put lie-flat seats in new planes used on transcontinental flights.
American will put the seats in first- and business-class sections of new Airbus A321 aircraft that it will fly between New York and California.
Several airlines offer lie-flat beds on international flights.
The jets are part of an order for 460 new Airbus and Boeing planes that AMR Corp.'s American announced last July.
american airlines, air travel, business/finance
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 22 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 49 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 8 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
22 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos