American to put lie-flat seats on some US flights
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- American Airlines says it will become the first U.S. airline to put lie-flat seats in new planes used on transcontinental flights.
American will put the seats in first- and business-class sections of new Airbus A321 aircraft that it will fly between New York and California.
Several airlines offer lie-flat beds on international flights.
The jets are part of an order for 460 new Airbus and Boeing planes that AMR Corp.'s American announced last July.
american airlines, air travel, business/finance
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases