6at4 Business Report: Campbell's goes upscale; Home values climb
July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Campbell's soup is looking to attract a younger crowd; Home values in most of the U.S. are climbing, but not in Philly.
Home Values Increase
Home values in the second quarter posted their first year-over-year increase since 2007, according to Zillow. Record low interest rates, more demand, and a tight supply of properties for sale, all boosting home prices. Not all areas of the country saw a rise in home values. Philadelphia recorded a 3.5% decline in home prices compared with last year.
38% living paycheck to paycheck
Meantime. more Americans struggling to make ends meet -- 38% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, compared to 31% in 1997, according to a new survey by the Consumer Federation of America, along with a group of financial planners. The report says even those with the ability to save are having to decide whether to use those savings for retirement, emergency savings, staying out of debt o* their kids' college education.
Campbell's launching "Go Soup"
Campbell Soup will introduce a line of ready-to-eat meals next month, called "Go Soup," its first move upscale in about 20 years. The company is trying to attract 20-year-olds who aren't so keen on current offerings in the iconic red and white cans. You can expect flavors like "Chorizo and Pulled Chicken with Black Beans." The soup will cost $2.99 a pouch, about three times the price of a can of chicken noodle soup.
6at4, stock market, economy, campbell's soup, pennsylvania, philadelphia, business/finance
- Snow today, heavy at times 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 34 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 19 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 58 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
27 min ago
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
58 min ago