6at4 Business Report: Campbell's goes upscale; Home values climb
July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Campbell's soup is looking to attract a younger crowd; Home values in most of the U.S. are climbing, but not in Philly.
Home Values Increase
Home values in the second quarter posted their first year-over-year increase since 2007, according to Zillow. Record low interest rates, more demand, and a tight supply of properties for sale, all boosting home prices. Not all areas of the country saw a rise in home values. Philadelphia recorded a 3.5% decline in home prices compared with last year.
38% living paycheck to paycheck
Meantime. more Americans struggling to make ends meet -- 38% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, compared to 31% in 1997, according to a new survey by the Consumer Federation of America, along with a group of financial planners. The report says even those with the ability to save are having to decide whether to use those savings for retirement, emergency savings, staying out of debt o* their kids' college education.
Campbell's launching "Go Soup"
Campbell Soup will introduce a line of ready-to-eat meals next month, called "Go Soup," its first move upscale in about 20 years. The company is trying to attract 20-year-olds who aren't so keen on current offerings in the iconic red and white cans. You can expect flavors like "Chorizo and Pulled Chicken with Black Beans." The soup will cost $2.99 a pouch, about three times the price of a can of chicken noodle soup.
6at4, stock market, economy, campbell's soup, pennsylvania, philadelphia, business/finance
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 33 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 46 min ago
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 6 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 31 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 44 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
33 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
46 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
15 min ago