6at4 Business Report: Campbell's goes upscale; Home values climb
July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Campbell's soup is looking to attract a younger crowd; Home values in most of the U.S. are climbing, but not in Philly.
Home Values Increase
Home values in the second quarter posted their first year-over-year increase since 2007, according to Zillow. Record low interest rates, more demand, and a tight supply of properties for sale, all boosting home prices. Not all areas of the country saw a rise in home values. Philadelphia recorded a 3.5% decline in home prices compared with last year.
38% living paycheck to paycheck
Meantime. more Americans struggling to make ends meet -- 38% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, compared to 31% in 1997, according to a new survey by the Consumer Federation of America, along with a group of financial planners. The report says even those with the ability to save are having to decide whether to use those savings for retirement, emergency savings, staying out of debt o* their kids' college education.
Campbell's launching "Go Soup"
Campbell Soup will introduce a line of ready-to-eat meals next month, called "Go Soup," its first move upscale in about 20 years. The company is trying to attract 20-year-olds who aren't so keen on current offerings in the iconic red and white cans. You can expect flavors like "Chorizo and Pulled Chicken with Black Beans." The soup will cost $2.99 a pouch, about three times the price of a can of chicken noodle soup.
6at4, stock market, economy, campbell's soup, pennsylvania, philadelphia, business/finance
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 36 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 40 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 36 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
36 min ago