Barnes & Noble cutting Nook tablet prices
NEW YORK (AP) - August 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Barnes & Noble Inc. says it's reducing by $20 the price for its less-expensive model Nook tablet computer, undercutting by that amount the rival Kindle Fire sold by Amazon.com.
The biggest U.S. traditional book retailer said Sunday it's cutting the price for the 8-gigabyte model Nook tablet to $179 from the current $199. The Kindle Fire, with 6 gigabytes of memory, sells for $199. Barnes & Noble also announced a $50 reduction, to $199 from $249, for its 16-gigabyte Nook tablet.
It was the latest turn in the tablet wars, as Apple's iPad and the iOS system running it continue to dominate the market for tablets despite growing competition, and Microsoft prepares to launch a tablet based on Windows in October.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 3 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 3 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 3 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 3 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
3 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
3 min ago