Acme gives away $1 million; Cabela's comes to Delaware
Auguts 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A huge sporting goods store is coming to Delaware; Acme gives away $1 million; T-Mobile offers new unlimited data plan.
Toll Brothers Stock At 5 Year High
Today we got a report that showed existing home sales climbed in July from an eight-month low as low mortgage rates are helping to jumpstart the housing market. Locally-based Toll Brothers stock hit a 5-year high after saying profit was better than expected last quarter. Low rates and a tight inventory of existing homes is pushing more people to buy from builders.
T-Mobile Unlimited Data
Verizon and AT&T may have gotten rid of unlimited data, plans but T-Mobile says it is offering a new unlimited wireless data service plan starting September 5th. The program provides unrestricted talk, text, and data for about $90 a month.
Home Canning Trend
What's the hottest trend in food these days? Believe it or not, it's home canning. The maker of Ball brand glass canning jars says sales revenue increased 31% compared with last year as consumers have a growing interest in eating fresh and local foods.
Cabela's to Open in Delaware
Cabela's is coming to the first state. The store that bills itself as the world's foremost outfitter will open in Christiana, Delaware. The 110,000 square foot store will be built next to the Christiana Mall along I-95. Construction will begin in 2013 and the store is expected to open in 20-14. The only other Cabela's store nearby is in Hamburg, Pennsylvania, west of Allentown and north of Reading.
Acme's $1 Million Winner
A Temple University dental student is a million dollars richer just because of where he does his grocery shopping. Today Acme handed over a $1 million check to Joseph Facciolo at the store on City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd. He was the grand prize winner of Acme's Sizzlin Summer Giveaway. Facciolo is in dental school, and the money couldn't have come at a better time. He says he'll use it to pay down his student debt. Facciolo has shopped at the store for about two years and comes in to the store about every two weeks.
6at4, stock market, economy, acme markets, t-mobile, business/finance
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Shower In Spots
53 min ago