Toys R Us to hire 45,000 temp holiday staffers
September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Toys R Us is hiring 45,000 seasonal workers to staff up its pop up stores and help fulfill its expanded shipping options this holiday.
That's a nearly 13 percent jump from the 40,000 seasonal workers the Wayne, N.J.-based company hired in 2011.
Toys R Us says part of the increase is to help fulfill its customer orders made with its new online shipping options, such as ordering online and picking up items in store, its free layaway program and its new toy reservation system.
Workers will also staff seasonal pop up stores. Toys R Us plans to open 150 to 200 temporary stores, similar to the number it opened last year.
Some positions could become permanent. Last year, 14 percent of holiday workers stayed on in full-time positions.
toys r us, holidays, shopping, business/finance
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 45 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 45 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps 32 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush 56 min ago
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
45 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa....
45 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
34 min ago
- Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
56 min ago