News Corp.'s new media co. to be named Fox Group
NEW YORK (AP) - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- News Corp. says that its new publishing company will keep the News Corp. name, while its separate media and entertainment company will be renamed Fox Group.
The conglomerate announced plans this summer to split into two public companies, one for its newspaper and book publishing business and the other for its fast-growing movie and TV operations.
The company on Monday named Wall Street Journal managing editor Robert Thomson as CEO of the new publishing company. He's set to begin his work as incoming CEO to the publishing company on Jan. 1.
Rupert Murdoch remains slated to serve as chairman of the new News Corp. and chairman and CEO of Fox Group.
The company also says that it will end standalone publication of The Daily iPad app on Dec. 15.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 42 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 13 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 29 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
13 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos